Sports Ministry Intern Local
National Sports Ministry Intern
As an intern you will be part of a team that runs sports camps at local churches, coaches children in a sport, and helps lead them closer to Christ.
Here are the basic qualifications for anyone looking to apply:
Do you love Jesus?
Do you have sports experience?
Have you or can you serve in children’s ministry?
If you answered yes to all three of these questions, then this could be a great fit for you!
You will be trained in coaching a specific sport (basketball, soccer, cheerleading, or our preschool program - Kickstart), telling bible stories and sports stories, empowering volunteers, and leading high-energy worship songs. Many that serve as an intern use this experience as internship credit or service credit for their major. At the end of the summer, you’ll have experience in travel, children’s ministry, public speaking, small group facilitation, leadership development, collaborating with local churches, coaching, evangelism, classroom management, critical thinking as a team and independently, and many more key qualities that future employers look for in their applicants.
If you are looking to serve God this summer with your abilities, take the next step and fill out the application below. It will be one of the best summers of your life!
You will find out during week of training. Anywhere in US.
June 14, 2018 – August 11, 2018
National interns are required to raise $1,300 for the organization. This covers travel costs. The local church provides housing and meals for each intern on their Base Sports Team. Interns can raise up to an additional $3,000 to be paid to them at the end of the summer as salary.
- 18 years of age or older
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced through word and action
- Works well with children ages 4—12
- Can pass a background check and child safety training.
- Experience in athletics as a coach or athlete preferred.
Personal Responsibility (Spiritual Growth)
- During a summer Base Sports Ministry will focus on growth in ministry ability, leadership, and your life with Christ. Spiritual growth is an important part of any person in professional ministry. Based on your interview, recommendations will be made on how we intend to challenge you to grow spiritually.
Job Responsibilities (Ministry Growth)
- Know and support the mission and vision of Base Sports Ministry
- Be a role model and positive representation of Base Sports Ministry
- Assist with the following:
- Prepare and execute sports skills sessions that enhance the children's athletic ability
- Teach Bible stories and sports stories in large and small groups
- Train church volunteers in how to share the gospel while coaching sports
- Lead high-energy worship songs
- Share the gospel in a clear presentation
- Other duties as assigned